.

.

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Let the festivities begin!

The girls had a great Christmas Eve! Len took them to the park all morning while Nana and I prepped a bunch of food for tomorrow's feast. Lucy napped in the stroller on the way home so did not nap after lunch. Kate, unbelievably, did! So Lucy, Nana and I made a last minute run to Whole Foods. It was Lucy's first time in a grocery store and I think it totally blew her mind. She could not look at everything fast enough! She was pointing and yelling "Mama! Mama!" over and over. We munched and snacked our way through the store since there were samples around every corner. Lucy hoovered in a water cracker, some tortilla chips, brie with cherry preserves, a peanut butter cookie with a fudge dip smeared on top and some grapes. She was just so happy...I know she must be wondering what in the world has happened to her world.

The second thing that blew her mind were the squeaky shoes. We have a tradition in our house that we open one gift on Christmas Eve because Len's family always opened their gifts and celebrated after Christmas Eve Mass. My family traditionally opens gifts on Christmas Day so we have tried to maintain both traditions all these years and now I look forward to both. I mean, who doesn't want a sneak peek with one gift the day before?!

We gave the girls squeaky shoes to open today. The squeaky shoes are a tradition with adopting families in China. Nearly everyone I've ever talked to that has adopted from China bought squeaky shoes in Guangzhou before heading home. Not wanting to break with tradition we bought both girls shoes and decided Christmas would be a good time to gift them. Nobody was disappointed.

5 comments:

mommy of 2 said...

I loved the video! So precious! Love the squeaky shoes. I got a pair for my daughter when my best friend came home from China. So cute! (Did know you can take the "squeaker" out? I found that out when Kamdyn was almost grown out of hers!) Merry Christmas!
Kerri

Heather H. said...

Oh My Gosh!!! That video made me smile SO much. We, too, bought squeaky shoes for Ping Ping and she LOVED them! Then she outgrew them so last Christmas I bought her another pair. However, now, at 3 1/2 I figure she's too old so no more. I used to have her wear them in public a lot (which got quite a lot of attention) but at least I knew which way to run if she happened to decide to play "chase me."

Merry Christmas!!!!

Terry said...

I know your downstairs neighbors will just LOVE these shoes!

Jodie said...

LOVE IT!!! Lucy has such a FUN laugh! :) Kate's smile gets me everytime! :) Looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas! :)

mommy of 2 said...

I just rewatched this video because it is so hilarious and FUN!!!! These girls make me happy :)
Kerri

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...