.

.

Friday, April 6, 2012

And now we wait...

until Monday for any news from the doctor (following up on this post). I went in today for the ultrasound (u/s) and MRI. The u/s wand hurt like hell going in and even more as she tried to crank it around to view my left ovary. Because I was getting an MRI she spared me the pain and skipped trying to get a picture of it and just did a tour of my right ovary and uterus. She measured the "mass" and it came out to 4cm x 6cm x 4cm. Quite large.

The MRI was next and was not too bad. It took about half an hour and featured a lot of breath holding for upwards of 25 seconds each time and some rather cold dye injected into my veins. I was very grateful for all the years of yoga as I just closed my eyes and focused on my breathing. I had earplugs to drown out the brunt of the incredibly annoying sounds the machine made so all-in-all, it was actually quite relaxing. I mean when you compare it to spending all day, every day with 2 toddlers, laying on pillows in a room with no one hanging onto my pants was a nice break!

So now I just have to get through this weekend until I can get some results on Monday. Fortunately, we've got Easter Eggs to color tomorrow and then, as Kate keeps reminding me, "The Easter Bunny is coming soon!".

6 comments:

Lynn K said...

Thought about you many times today. At least it's done. Enjoy the weekend. I hope Monday will bring some positive news.

ashley said...

thinking the very best thoughts for you. Hope you have a great Easter weekend with your darling girls and that Monday arrives to bring you good news.

Jodie said...

Sorry friend, but I had to giggle at your description of the ultrasound. I mind immediately went to the days when I used to perform those kind of ultrasounds on women. hahah!!! Yeah, it's not a very comfortable feeling, but it was a better choice of tests than any that included needles in my book. :) As for the MRI....I'm glad it proved to be a relaxing time for you. I myself am in the "tube" for more than an hour each time....so anxiety gets the best of me unless I sedate myself. (and trust me, I do! lol) My prayer is that today and tomorrow is so filled with laughter and activity that Monday will be here before you know it....along with GOOD news. :) Love you much, friend!!!!

Frances Brayshaw said...

I am sending you lots of prayers your way. I strongly believe of the healing power of positive thinking. Lots of love, Frances & Paul Brayshaw

Heather H. said...

Thinking of you.

Elizabeth said...

Sorry to hear about the pain. Like Jodie, I am in no rush for another MRI! You did very well in the tube from the sounds of it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...