The gynecological oncologist reviewed my scans and file over the weekend. He has referred me to an ortho oncologist, Dr. Terrance Peabody. The reason he stated is that the mass appears to be more related to muscle tissue, not reproductive organs. My appointment is scheduled for 8:30am on Wednesday.
I did ask what makes them think it might be cancer and the notes from the radiologist were:
-The borders are ill-defined
-It presents with avid-enhancement
I've tried googling that last statement but have so far been unable to really get a good definition on what that means and the nurse I spoke with wasn't real sure what it meant either. So, I'll add it to my list of questions to ask Dr. Peabody...
The other questions are:
1. Are there any other causes for my symptoms?
2. What kinds of tests do I need?
3. What are the treatments? Side effects? How will it affect my sexuality?
4. Is this the best course of action?
5. Can you think of any alternatives?
6. Has it spread?
7. What stage is it?
If any of you have any suggestions for other questions to ask please feel free to let me know by tomorrow!