.

.

Monday, June 25, 2012

Good to be home

Made it back to Chicago safely and on time. The girls were thrilled to see me but I think later on it really hit Kate very hard. She melted down by the evening and was very mad at me. She started throwing some pretty impressive temper tantrums (very much akin to Lucy's tantrums when we first brought her home) both on the day I got home and the next day when I went to yoga and then came home. I spent a bit of time with her talking about how angry and upset it must have made her to have me leave for such a long time. We then talked about how people can leave and then come back. She's back to normal today, albeit more clingy, as I was able to run a few errands and then come home without drama. Lucy has shown her anxiety in a different way. She's much clingier (as in, I have a spider monkey attached to my person most of the time now) but overall fared pretty well. This means that I have two children fighting to sit in my lap, fighting for the most attention, fighting for who can have the most physical contact of our bodies at one time. It's nice to be loved....

Sunday all the fathers of our playgroup got together at the park for the kids to play soccer while the mamas celebrated freedom by eating a leisurely brunch.
 We were fortunate that two of the mamas that have gone back to work were able to join us. From left to right is Margaret, Allison, Sara, Christy, Hema, Krisha (standing), Josephine, me and my mama. The only person missing was Aleks--boo.

Today is Nana's last day here as she flies home early tomorrow. The girls are really going to miss her.
Tomorrow I meet again with Dr. Block. The results of my blood tests (all 17 vials of them) are in so we'll get those results but I also want to follow up with him on what MD Anderson had to say about a treatment plan.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Thinking of you a lot and am amazed by your strength. You've got so many decisions to make and on the heels of completing an international adoption! Keep letting us know what's happening.
Elizabeth

Elizabeth said...

Welcome home! You are so strong in this medical process and have done really well seeking out 2nd and 3rd opinions. Hope things go well today with your appointments.
Thinking of you a lot right now. Take care,
Elizabeth

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...