.

.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

How to tell our twins apart from each other

I love it when someone asks me if they are twins. I mean, really? Are we looking at the same two children? If you ask me that question you deserve it when I say, "Yes, but they were born 6 weeks apart" and then walk away.

But just in case someone were trying to tell our children apart, here is one very glaring difference. Kate has a natural (and I believe justifiable, for which this Mama is grateful) hesitation when trying something new, especially when it involves her falling from a height. Lucy, not so much. She will climb up and leap off just about anything with no thought for the consequences.
No fear vs. Some fear from Lisa on Vimeo.
Other than that, though, they are TOTALLY twins. Heh heh.

2 comments:

Gayle Weiswasser said...

So funny! And adorable. Thanks for posting!!

Heather H. said...

My daughter is an outright thrill SEEKER! She is also a sensory-seeker. Don't know if Lucy has the same tendency, or if you've thought of having her evaluated for sensory processing differences when she gets older. But I also look at it this way: When you've had your entire world ripped away (in my daughter's case, several times), what threat is there in a little jump. Seriously. Sometimes, I think she has used the physical activity to try to stem the negative/scary/uncomfortable/racing thoughts in her head. After all, physical activity releases serotonin (?right?) which is known to be a feel-good hormone to help relieve stress. So it makes sense to me. I know not all adopted children cope this way, but anecdotally, it seems that many do.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...