.

.

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Little chefs

It seems the only way I can actually accomplish something like cooking supper is to include the girls in the prep work. Granted, it takes more time and is much messier, but I find I'm less stressed than I would be if I were trying to cook and the girls were doing all in their power to gain my undivided attention. A few nights ago we had Garden Veggie Lasagne on the menu and it contained a lot of the girls' favorite veggies: squash, zucchini, mushrooms, peppers, onions, garlic, tomatoes and carrots. I substituted soft tofu for the ricotta and the girls stirred in fresh basil and oregano from our container garden.
 
 Some sliced provolone cheese...notice the large bite taken from Lucy's piece.
 A sprinkling of mozzarella and parmesan....
Yum! Dinner is served. The best part was when Kate and Lucy told Len that they had made dinner "all by themselves" for him.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...