.

.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Mish mosh of our weekend adventures

As promised, we had a low-key weekend. I got the chance to meet up with a fellow blogger, Erin, who writes this blog. We "met" originally on-line as we were both hoping to adopt from Nepal. Neither of our adoptions in Nepal made it to fruition but we both persevered and are now the parents of adopted children: our Lucy from China and her daughter, Autumn, adopted domestically.  She is working on her doctoral dissertation about how social media, specifically blogging, has helped/hindered those attempting to adopt. I am honored to be part of her work and we finished up her interview with me this weekend here in Chicago (we did the first interview over Skype). Erin got the chance to meet the girls and Len before we walked to a local Chinese place for lunch and a long chat. Her work sounds fascinating and I can't wait to read a copy of it when she is finished.
Len held down the fort at home. The girls are really into singing and playing their guitars together. This occupies a good deal of time most days.
Sunday was absolutely frigid so Len took the girls to a local playroom and met up with some of the other fathers in our playgroup while the moms met for breakfast.

Monday dawned even colder (3 degrees with wind chills not even worth repeating) so I met up with Jackie, Meg and their 3 sons at the Alder Planetarium for a morning adventure.

Lucy, Kate and Leander got to see what a rocket looks like when it takes off with a do-it-yourself balloon rocket.
Meanwhile, Meg had her hands full with Griffin and August.
 
 

 Ready for takeoff!
Amazed they all squeezed into this without anyone coming to blows.
Lucy was engaged with this area for quite some time, trying to fit all the pieces together. Amazed me since she has no patience for puzzles at home.
The Kate/Leander love affair continued on the slide.
Jackie and I decided this would be a good picture to show at their wedding...falling into his arms at 3! Funny.
Getting ready to watch a movie...and Lucy is thrilled to be holding Griffin (I think...or is that August?).
Time to sit in the driver's seat for launching.
 
 Not really sure what this was supposed to teach them but they loved trying to rearrange the tubes.
We bailed after lunch whereupon the girls promptly fell asleep in the car on the way home. Knowing I would never successfully transfer them to a nap once we got home, I spent 2 hours in the car while they slept. A rather un-glorious end to a good day.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Lisa, I hope you ran into the house and got a book to read during your two hour wait!

I was nominated for a Liebster award by Gen over at Cinnamon Baby. We have been following each other's blog for almost a year now. I decided to accept the award and have posted on my blog. In turn, I would like to nominate you for a Liebster award. I so enjoy reading and following your blog. I am not a fan of chain letters or the like, but this award seems like it is harmless and sort of fun. To those of us waiting, it may be something to help us fill the time!

If you feel like accepting the award, have a look here: http://www.myadoptionjourney2011.blogspot.ca/2013/01/liebster-award.html or Gen's post on Cinnamon Baby. There is absolutely no pressure and I won't be offended if you don't participate. I know it is a lot to ask of those of you with little ones already at home.

Best wishes,
Elizabeth

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...