.

.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Ladies who shop

We needed a few things from the grocery store which usually means I will do it when someone else has the girls. But we had a few things working in our favor this morning:

1. Short, manageable list with nothing so urgent that I couldn't leave it behind if things went catastrophically awry.
2. Very hot morning making the playground unpleasant.
3. Fairly good moods for all three of us.
4. There aren't a lot of people in the grocery store on a Wednesday morning.

The girls dressed themselves (and boy, did they! Made me feel like I was back in Macclenny when you needed full makeup and posh outfit to head to the Winn Dixie for milk) and we headed out. The girls each got a shopping cart and we focused on learning the etiquette of keeping your cart to the side (instead of blocking the whole aisle) when stopping for something so that others can pass by.
Can I just say, they were delightful! This was by far the most pleasant shopping experience I've ever had with them. They each took turns putting items in their carts and yes, there was a bit of "Can we get this!?" and "I really want this!" but they put things back and didn't continue whining as we walked away from the rejected item. They also didn't go careening around the store or ramming into displays....it was just. so. nice.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What fantastic little helpers! Too bad you weren't closer. I'd love to borrow them right about now. I love how they were "dressed up". So different than my grocery store attire!

Christina said...

Adorable pics of the girls. So stylish. :)

Lisa said...

I felt like I had to put on a dress just so I wouldn't look like a slacker with them!

Tony and Sue said...

They are so adorable!

Samantha said...

They really do turn into fun little people to hang out with! I've found it just gets better and better. Enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...