.

.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Frozen...still

It's still ridiculously cold here but the weather forecasters keep predicting a warm day on Sunday (AFTER the snow showers expected for Saturday night...). Even with temps in the low 30s, the girls were begging to go outside, specifically to the park. We bundled up and headed out for 2 (yes, you read that correctly...TWO) hours of playtime. They were thrilled. I was...cold.
Sliding sisters from Lisa on Vimeo.

So who, exactly, is teaching "nanny nanny boo boo" to children? I mean, I have never said those words and I'm pretty sure Len never has. I asked where they learned that lovely little taunt and they said one of their classmates. So where does that child learn it? I mean, SOMEONE is saying it in just that annoying sing-song way so that children mimic it and bring its insidiousness to school so my kids can now say it ad nauseum. The only thing trumping that annoying phrase is "LET IT GO! LET IT GO! THE COLD NEVER BOTHERED ME ANYWAY!" which are the only words Lucy seems to remember from the Frozen movie soundtrack. And yes, she sings in ALL CAPS.

To counteract all that "Let it Go" business, I played a little Hall and Oates yesterday morning before we headed to school.
Morning dance from Lisa on Vimeo.

Now, I can go for that!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...