.

.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Weekend in NC

My mom and I met up in North Carolina this past weekend to visit her sister, my Aunt Jay. She was diagnosed with terminal cancer 6 months ago after surviving chemotherapy several years ago. We spent the weekend visiting with her, Uncle Ken, and my cousin Jackie. It was great to catch up but bittersweet knowing that this was probably our last visit together.



Sunday brought warm weather and sunshine so we spent the morning outside soaking up the warmth before heading to the airport.
Aunt Jay was always my favorite aunt, even as a child. I think it is her irreverence and quick wit (something we both share) that has always endeared her to me. I am still trying to process that yet another person that I love is being ravaged by cancer...

Instead, I spent my trip focusing on the view out my window as I returned to single digit temperatures and more snow.



Sometimes it's all just too hard to think about.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...