.

.

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Kate's first recital

Kate's very first dance recital was yesterday and I couldn't be more proud of her! She's much like her mama in that she doesn't show emotions like fear or pain in public so she has been holding in her trepidation about the recital for a while now. We would talk about it and I would answer her questions every day so I knew how much it had been on her mind. The performance wasn't until 4:30pm (not the best time of day for young children as any parent will attest) so she had the whole day to worry about it. Fortunately, Uncle Paul proved to be a great distraction and it wasn't until we got in the car to go that she really started to worry. Her eyes were on the verge of tears and her brow was furrowed so we talked about how it's normal to be worried when you do something for the first time. Even people who perform on stage all the time are worried about every show.

We finally got to the venue and Len walked her up to the stage door entrance and he reported back that she did not look very confident when he left her. Needless to say, I was worried about my girl and almost cried myself as her group took the stage.

Alas, the worry was for naught. She killed it! She did her routine and reported to me when it was over, "Mama, that was fun! I was a little scared at first but then it was fun. I think I might want to do that again!"

My video is crap. The lighting was not great and I ended up filming in two chunks hoping to fix the setting but alas, it is what it is.

In this first video, she's the short one in the center of the screen (there is a boy on her left) and then when they move, she's right next to the girl who isn't moving at all (Kate told me she was crying and asking for her mom...poor kid).
Kate recital part 1 from Lisa on Vimeo.

In this one, she's still next to the motionless girl and then ends up holding hands with the boy on her left.
Kate recital part 2 from Lisa on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Elizabeth A said...

Way to go Kate! You were awesome! I love the song you danced to and your costume is beautiful. I hope you keep dancing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...