.

.

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Dinner with friends

For the first time since the beginning of summer, we got together with my Chinese language instructor and friend, Shuang, and her friend, Marcus. They came over to share dinner and help us continue our celebration....it's the three year anniversary of Lucy's "birth" into our family.

That actual day was yesterday but we are celebrating for the entire weekend. Yesterday the girls shared an Asian pear for breakfast before heading to school.
BTW, I love seeing what they come up with to wear now that they are in charge of the closet. They come up with some interesting combinations to be sure.

Tonight, we had Shuang and Marcus over for supper much to the girls' joy. They anxiously waited for their arrival!
On the menu was linguine with mussels. Kate hoovered through at least 20 mussels with Lucy not far behind her. It was their first time eating these and although I thought (hoped!) they would like them, I was not prepared for just how much they would eat! Good thing I made 4 lbs of them!
Next up was a blackberry/lemon trifle. OMG, words cannot express how good this was.  It was my first time making a trifle and I have to say, I may have found my new go-to dessert item when it comes to serving a crowd.
We received this trifle bowl 25 years ago for our wedding and this is the first time I've actually used it. I can't believe I've moved it all over the country with us all these years but glad I did.
Marcus tested them out on their Chinese language skills by speaking to them only in Chinese a few times and they were quickly won over by his playfulness with them.


I lost count of how many piggy back rides they were subjected to...good thing they were well-fortified with mussels and trifle before the "Kate and Lucy Workout" began.

A wonderful night with an old and a new friend!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...