.

.

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Back on the bars

I remember sitting in the hospital with Lucy, her arm broken and bruised, her face a study in abject misery, when she looked at me and said, "I'm sorry Mama. I won't ever go on the monkey bars again."

I immediately jumped into Tiger Mama role, except my nemesis was not some bully at school, it was the bully of self-defeat. Her self-confidence and love of adventure were on the line. I told her, "You have nothing to be sorry for, falling off happens to everyone and was an accident. Your arm will heal and when it does, you will be right back up there on those monkey bars, doing what you love."

Look at my girl go!
Monkey from Lisa on Vimeo.

Undefeated from Lisa on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Heather H. said...

SO very happy to see this!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...