.

.

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Tree art

As noted in this article in May, many of Chicago's trees have been infested with the Emerald ash borer and have met their demise at the end of a chain saw. In an effort to turn these dying trees into something beautiful, several local sculptors have been dispatched to work their magic in our parks.

Since yesterday's glorious weather (my thermometer registered 77 degrees at lunchtime!) demanded my attention, I packed up my sandwich and headed to the lakefront. As I was looking for a good place to park my blanket, I happened upon a tree in the process of being turned into art so I sat nearby and watched the transformation.



Further up the park were a clump of trees that had already been transformed.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...