.

.

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Benefit for Nepal

Many of you know that we were once in line to adopt from Nepal but through a series of unfortunate events, our path did not take us there. But it did gain me many new friends, two of whom live in the Chicago area. Kelly and Candice and I met in early 2009 before any kids had arrived on the scene, making it much easier to meet on a regular basis! As things worked out, I found myself pregnant (and remaining pregnant, much to my surprise) and the following year, Kelly and Candice found themselves in Nepal. Kelly returned home with M, Candice with Antara. We've tried to get together ever since but as our girls have started school, those times have become fewer. Nonetheless, we do make the effort and the girls play together as if no time had passed.

Unfortunately, tragedy has struck Nepal and they are in dire need of pretty much anything and everything. If you or someone you know would like to help, the Friends of Nepal and the Himalayan Restaurant invite you to join them on May 13 for an evening of Nepali food, drinks and live music to raise money for the people of Nepal. If you click here, it will take you to their page. If you are local and can make it, that would be great. If you are not local to Chicagoland, you can still make a donation on that page. 

M, Kelly and Keith soon after adoption.
Candice and Antara waiting to leave Nepal.
M and Kate meet for the first time.
 All the girls helping Kate celebrate her first birthday.

 Lucy meets them for the first time during Christmas 2011.
It didn't take long for these girls to become fast friends.

M and her daddy on a recent trip back to Nepal.

 The girls earlier this year.
We all hope you can help in any way that you can. It is a country that will always be special to us, made even more so by the little girls that we have the good fortune to have in our lives.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I have been thinking a lot about all these beautiful children. A friend of a friend here was caught in the Nepal situation in 2009. She went on to adopt from Vietnam. Another lady close by that I have never met was my guide when I though I was going with Honduras. Her daughter is from Nepal and her son from Honduras. My heart gives out to these children and even more so to the people of Nepal but I think that these adopted ones will potentially have another loss to contend with, or if not a loss an uncertainty depending on how good records are. I am pleased to see our school is going to do some fund raising. Thank you for sharing. I knew you were going to!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...