.

.

Monday, April 25, 2016

Cancer--4 years in

Last week I went for my annual MRI and oncology checkup down in Houston. It has been 4 years since my diagnosis and I am happy to report that the findings were positive.

When the tumor was first scanned in April 2012 it measured  6.6 x 4.4 x 4.4cm. When it was scanned in September 2012 it measured 8.5cm x 6.5cm x 6.5cm as I talked about in this post.

Here is an MRI scan from that time:
Last week's report was welcome news: "The tumor now measures 2.3 x 5cm, excluding numerous thin tendrils that extend posteriorly in the fat of the issue rectal fossa (if you are unclear what that is, you can find anything online these days....). The lesion has diminished in size and enhancement has also diminished. No interval development of new foci are detected. The PICC tibias and adductor musculature are within normal limits. No osseous involvement is visualized. Positive response to radiation therapy."

As you can see from the scan below, my organs are now back where they should be and I *think* the tumor is that small white area right above where I wrote "tumor". Vast difference from the giant tumor in the scan above where it was pushing all of my vital organs off to the side.
I've been released until next year when I have another date with an MRI machine and Dr. Zagars. Hopefully the 2 months of radiation I went through will continue to keep the tumor on the run for many years!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...