You are 79 months old...and riding a bike all by yourself!
1. Headfirst entry in both compact and stride position.
2. Swim underwater for 3-5 body lengths.
3. Feetfirst dive, submerging completely.
4. Survival swimming in deep water.
5. Front crawl and backstroke for 25 yards; breaststroke, back crawl and butterfly for 15 yards.
6. Tread water using 2 different kicks for 2 minutes.
7. Push off in streamlined position on back and begin dolphin kicking/flutter kicking for 3-5 body lengths.
She wrote, "Kate and Lucy were joys to have in class this year. All of their hard work and determination has really paid off. They always had a positive attitude (even when we were doing some of the more difficult tasks!). I really had an amazing time getting to know them. They are favorites of all the guards!"
With all of your new-found swimming skills, you have been keen to watch some of the Summer Olympics in Rio this month. Your takeaway from all of the feats of athleticism we have witnessed was to remark, "They're doing all of this just for a medal?"
When we aren't at the beach, we have been keeping busy with all kinds of new activities. First up was planning for and making your first supper from start to finish. You also got to use a sharp knife for the first time. On the menu were individual cherry cobblers and a beef/veggie ramen dish.
On the physical side, these were your stats at this month's checkup with Dr. Ettner: (with last year's stats following):
Weight: 47 lb (43 1/4 lb)
Height: 45 1/2" (43 1/4")
You also lost your second tooth this month!
One night before bed I checked in on you and couldn't find you in your room. I finally found you curled up in Lucy's bed with her.
Nana asked you: "What do you and Lucy do in the morning if you're up before Mama?"