.

.

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Catching up again

I feel as if I just don't have the patience right now to sit in front of the computer and edit pictures, combine them into a coherent storyline and then amass them into a blog post. I'm not sure if it's spring fever (which is coming early here...we already have buds popping out of the ground!) or just general end-of-winter malaise and my lack of vitamin D, but I'm all over the place right now. And it is quite evident in everything I'm doing right now...nothing feels as if I'm either completing a task or doing it properly. I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm actually looking forward to my annual trip to Houston for my cancer screen MRI next month. Other than the actual anxiety surrounding the MRI results, I will have a nice, several day visit with Paivi, warm weather, good food and a relaxing day or three at the pool with a spa treatment thrown in for good measure.

In the meantime, here's a peek into the past week or so in our lives here. Yiayia and Pappou sent a tree swing which Len (with Lucy supervising) hung up in our front yard.

When supervising became boring, the frisbee provided a good distraction.
 Ahhh...finally installed!



Len's birthday was celebrated at Yu's, a Chinese restaurant that holds a show on the weekends. First the chefs set their woks on fire and then they demonstrate how their homemade noodles are prepared. But first, the girls performed a song/dance and gifted him with woven homemade cards.



The chefs love an audience!
The noodles start out as one long rope of dough.
In less than 2 minutes, he had transformed the single rope into many strands of noodles.



Last week, one of the many loose teeth in Kate's mouth decided to make a run for it. It was dangling by a thread during evening teeth brushing but she babied it along until she could get to school the next morning, eating only yogurt for breakfast and requesting an apple for her school lunch. All in the pursuit of the coveted TOOTH TREASURE CHEST from the school nurse.
It's the little things.

This past weekend saw the end of Kate's brainbusters course with Northwestern University's Center for Talent Development. The last 15 minutes of class were devoted to showing the parents the various games they had learned. I can definitely tell that her math skills have improved as she blazed through the multiplication questions in one of the sections.



On Saturday afternoon we drove into Chicago to celebrate their former classmate Lelio turning 7.
And make "MOM! Not another picture!" faces at me with Shia.
Not wasting the opportunity of being in one of the best food cities in the country, we headed to our old neighborhood to feast on duck at Sun-Wah BBQ before heading home.
Speaking of home, here are a few pics I took Sunday on my walk around the lake. Less than three months away until we are parked on this beach for the summer!
In the meantime, walking in the woods is not a bad way to spend an hour.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...